Congestion management in general
PSE S.A. implemented a market - based mechanism for allocation of a transmission capacity among market players. Since the year 2005 on the basis of agreement with the TSOs the coordinated congestion management mechanism is designed as explicit cross-border capacity auctions.
PSE S.A. conducts congestion management in relation to the cross-border exchanges in full compliance with EU requirements and on the basis of rules described in the following documents:
- Congestion management methods on synchronous interconnections
See: Congestion managemen methods
- Requirements for participation in cross-border exchange in Poland (a part of the Instruction of Transmission System Operation and Maintenance),
See: Requirements for participation in cross-border exchange in Poland.
- Auctions of transmission capacities
- Interchange scheduling. Polish Market Participants submit the day ahead cross border schedules according to ESS standard (ETSO Scheduling System). The identification of transactional parties is made on the basis of Energy Identification Coding Scheme (EIC). There are two possible ways to submit the schedules: the dedicated Electronic Data Interchange system WIRE or web based interface WIRE RP. The description of the whole process of the interchange scheduling is included in the Instruction of Transmission System Operation and Maintenance (Instrukcja Ruchu i Eksploatacji Sieci Przesyłowej – Polish version only).
See: Interchange scheduling.
- Plans for future congestion management in the CEE Region